[Rhodes22-list] My other boat

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 16:56:56 EST 2006

Anne,

Been there, done that!  What I hated most was the movement and noises the
bodies make with the pressure changes.  When I was a sophomore in college at
Eastern Illinois University, we had a female mechanic who was grossed out
every time a "stiff" came or went.  We would usually pull the airplane into
the maintenance hangar so the funeral home could make the transfer with some
dignity.  One day while bored, I got some guys together and we pulled a joke
on Sandy.  I crawled on the gurney inside the "stiff" hauler and pulled a
sheet over me.  Another guy taxied it into the hangar while another told
Sandy we were short handed and she HAD to help unload the airplane.  Just
after the gurney was out I reached from under the sheet and grabbed her by
the arm.  She dropped me like a rock and ran off screaming.  The last I
heard she had her own shop in Southern Illinois.  I don't think I'll be
taking my airplane there for maintenance.

Brad