[Rhodes22-list] private pilot

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 21:09:38 EST 2006

Rummy,

The rules are simple.  Eight hours from "bottle to throttle".

Well, they were simple.  The guys from NWA screwed that and then  Congress
got involved.

Less than .02 BAC is OK.  If you're .02 to .04 there is paperwork and
meetings involved.  BAC of .04 plus and you're toast.

Here is the formula.  Each drink is worth .03 less .015 per hour after
consumption, ie, 4 drinks x .03 = .012/.015 hour = 8 hours.  Drink more than
that and you need more time.  If you go on a bender you probably need a day
or so.  BAC is but one factor, you have to consider the effects of a
hangover on judgement.  Each person's metabolism rate effects the absorption
rate and decline rate so your mileage will vary. I only know this because I
teach the stuff - no personal experience.

Flying IS like sailing.  A little common sense goes a long way.

Enjoy!

Brad