[Rhodes22-list] My other boat

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 09:58:39 EST 2006

Joe,

I'm already a GPS cripple. On the last leg home from Gulfport I didn't even
bother to turn on the VOR's (30's technolodgy).  When the engine starting
acting up I hit the "NEAREST" button and pulled up the five closest
airports. I remember reading Beryl Markham's book "West With the Night" and
she predicted that someday navigation devices would be invented and the art
and mystery of flying would be lost (she was writing pre-VOR days).  My
Bonana GPS is already outdated equipment.  The newer stuff has terrain
awareness with weather overlay in color.  That can wait.

Brad