[Rhodes22-list] Question - Fish Smell

Jim Connolly jbconnolly at comcast.net
Wed Sep 13 23:38:07 EDT 2006

Two weeks back, my 4 year old threw up all over the back seat and car seat.
I picked up chunks with paper towel, followed by wet vac.  I followed up
with rented upholstery cleaner, and finished by soaking with Febreze, re-did
upholstery cleaner after Febreze dried, then more Febreze and let dry.  It
worked well.  If the odor is in the liner or any fabric or porous sound
insulation in the trunk area, I'd try Febreze.  They also have a version
that kills odors in air, maybe try that up front.

What about citric acid for the metal/plastic.  Up here we have stuff called
Glisten that cleans scale off washers and dishwashers.  I have heard that a
paste of unsweetened Kool-Ade or lemonade powder also works.  Lemon is
supposed to remove fish odor from hands, try it on your trunk.

Good Luck

Jim Connolly