[Rhodes22-list] Tiller Mounted Throttle Control

Rick Lange SloopBlueHeron at ISP.Com
Sun Sep 24 20:40:43 EDT 2006

Dave,
Thanks for the clarification, but I'm looking for a single
action solution.  I keep forgetting which way the prop is turning at the
most inopportune times.
Rick

> Rick,
>

> It's really 3 separate controls that are in one integrated
assembly that
> is
> screwed to the tiller. There is a
lever that sits on top that has 3
> positions: forward, neutral,
and reverse. There's no detent on the lever
> switch, but
> you can hear and feel the shift occur at the motor when you shift,
so you
> know where you are in any shift. In front of and below
the shift lever
> is the
> throttle which is controlled
by twisting the throttle clockwise or
> counter-clockwise. The
throttle works independent of the shift lever,
> but it should be

> at idle to shift. Below the throttle and the shift, on what
mounts to
> the
> tiller, is a simple rubber covered
button that you push to kill the
> motor.
> Again, it's
one integrated assembly. There are flexible cables that lead

from
> that assembly to the motor.
>
> Dave
> Use
Rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org, Help? www.rhodes22.org/list

Join ISP.COM today - $8.95 internet, less than 1/2 the cost of AOL!
Try us out, http://www.isp.com/