[Rhodes22-list] documentation

L. Sailor watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 24 18:39:38 EDT 2006

Rhodies,

Does the R-22 fit the Coast Guard formula for
documentation?

I have looked for the formula but could not find it.
It is not based on weight but on volume :"Tonnage is
determined by volume. Most vessels more than 25 feet
in length will measure five net tons or more."  i
believe mast height & keel (centerboard) depth also
figure in this somehow...)That's all I've been able to
find... I was thinking that with the wide beam the
R-22 might be close....

If i can document, then I could put the name of the
vessel on name plates on either side of the bow...in
the manner of the skipjacks & oysterboats that once
plied the Bay ... it's a classic look befitting a
classic design....

elle