[Rhodes22-list] Speaking of politicians.

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Wed Apr 4 06:28:20 EDT 2007

Breaking News
Scientists Study Memory Loss Among Politicians
Near-amnesia Reaching Epidemic Proportions, Experts  Say

An “unprecedented epidemic of memory loss” is afflicting  America’s
politicians, making it virtually impossible for them to  remember key phone
conversations, meetings, and memos, a spokesman  for the world’s leading brain
scientists said today.

The  spokesman, Dr. Hiroshi Kyosuke of the University of Tokyo, is one of
over four hundred eminent brain scientists who have gathered in  Oslo, Norway
this week for a high-level research conference to probe  the recent phenomenon
of memory loss that has plagued the nation’s  politicians.

“The question at hand is this: why are  politicians so good at remembering
contributors’ names and phone  numbers but so bad at remembering everything else?
” Dr. Kyosuke  said.

Over the course of the conference, brain scientists  have presented research
papers on a variety of subjects related to  memory loss, such as former New
York mayor Rudolph Giuliani’s  inability to remember a briefing he received
about former police  commissioner Bernard Kerik’s possible ties to organized
crime.

“That seems like the sort of thing that a normal human brain  would have no
difficulty remembering,” Dr. Kyosuke said. “What we  are learning at this
conference is that when it comes to  politicians’ brains, we have so much more to
learn.”

On  Monday, a full day of the conference was devoted to a paper  entitled, “
The Neuroscience of Scooter Libby,” followed by a keynote  address given by
Attorney General Alberto Gonzales.

While  many attendees considered Mr. Gonzales’ speech a highpoint of the
conference, the Attorney General offered a different assessment: “I  have no
recollection of it.”

Elsewhere, President Bush said  he would devote the remainder of his term to
fighting global  warming, adding, “April  Fools!”