[Rhodes22-list] Redneck mast raising!

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Wed Apr 4 14:31:00 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

We've actually got Pandion in the water now after a rather unusual
mast-stepping.  I was preparing to do the "reverse-boom" method that
Art had recommended when my wife had flash of insight - "Why don't
you just put it in the water, bring it around to the dock, and raise
the mast using the hillside and a long rope?".  My buddy and I stood
there slack-jawed :-)  Of course, it was brilliantly simple!  So, we
abandoned Plan A and went to Plan B.

My wife took photos of the process and I put together a quick slide
show for your viewing pleasure at
http://www.pandion.com/rhodes22/mast-raising.html  Enjoy!

Cheers!

John Lock