[Rhodes22-list] For John Lock's Eyes

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Sat Apr 7 11:57:36 EDT 2007

Thank you Ed!  That would be useful information.  I'm certain the
boat will sail just fine but, like most of us, I'm always looking for
improvements.  In particular, it would be nice to adjust the height
of the boom to change sailing characteristics when needed.  Clearly
that can't happen right now.  As I learn more about jiffy reefing,
lazy jacks, and other paraphernalia I find the creative mind has
fertile ground on a sailing vessel :-)

If you don't mind being the go-between, I'm sure I can find a bunch
of other questions for Rodger.  There are some things that are a
complete mystery, like

1) What are the two bare wires sticking into the cabin top forward of
the mast?  They don't come out on deck and all the lights work, so
not sure what these are or where they lead.

2) Why were the two forward ports removed and glassed over?

3) Is the single small hatch in the cabin top original?  Or did it
have the two big hatches (like newer boats) at one point and the
cabin top was rebuilt?

Cheers!
John Lock
s/v Pandion - '79 Rhodes 22