[Rhodes22-list] Pandion's First Sail!

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Mon Apr 9 15:48:39 EDT 2007

At 02:04 PM 4/9/2007 -0400, Robert Skinner wrote:

>Try loosening the leach line.

Will do that next time out.  Also, I've realized that this may be a
side-effect of the fixed gooseneck on my boom.  Sail might be just a
tad taller than necessary.

> > 2) I developed an immediate dislike of jam cleats ;-)  Are cam cleats
> > better at holding?
>Way better!  But slower to use by inexperienced crew in a pinch.

Hmmm, OK that sounds preferable to things coming uncleated at the wrong time.

>I've seen velcro straps and mini shock cord used, both to good effect.
>Neither is (in my opinion) compatible with the IMF.

Aha!  I love velcro :-)  My mast is not IMF, so no prob there.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers!

John Lock