[Rhodes22-list] Pandion's First Sail!

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Mon Apr 9 16:59:09 EDT 2007

John,

Congrats on you first sail!  Sounds like you had a blast.

If by "jam" cleats you mean clam cleats (the ones by the headsail winches),
try upgrading to the aluminum version, also made by the Clam Cleat company.
I think Annapolis Performance Sailing is the US distributor for these and I
know they can get them for you.  When the line is sized correctly for the
clam cleat they work just great and don't slip at all.  They're simpler,
cheaper and have no moving parts.

PT