[Rhodes22-list] need help with shredded main sail

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 18:01:04 EDT 2007

This is an innocent question.  I ripped my mainsail a couple of years ago
and had it re-sown for about a hundred bucks.  I seriously thought about
doing  a "dope and fabric" repair, the same method you use to repair
pre-fifties fabric covered airplanes.  The material you cover planes with is
almost identical to sails.  What about  a sail repair tape?  Any experience
on "da list" with this product?  We use "speed tape" on 500 knot jets.
Surely there is a product on the market that works as a temporary repair on
sails.  Food for thought.

Brad