[Rhodes22-list] Laz leak

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Apr 11 19:39:48 EDT 2007

Gee Mike, you did not say why you replaced the hose?

Rory,

         It took me a couple of years to identify the leak.  It was random
and intermittant.

         As I said, I think it was casused by the flexing of the boat
bottom, stiffened hose and cockpit floor.  The sealant used by most
manufacturers is 5200.  While it makes a premanent seal it is subject to
hairline cracks because of flexing.  Dried 5200 is rigid.  Cracks most
likely are not visable and cause a weeping leak under appropriate
conditions.  The stiffened hose puts torque on the fitting during certain
flexing.

           As to weight of motor, there are those of us who use an 8 h.p., 2
cycle Tohatsu.  As to who is the biggest Rhodie?  So we have a new
contestant to replace Steve Little?  Waiting on word from the Champ..

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  See attachment

http://www.nabble.com/file/7823/bunny2.gif bunny2.gif