[Rhodes22-list] leaks -- Wow -- Stan

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Apr 13 09:44:54 EDT 2007

Ed,
About 15 years ago I actually met the GE chemist that invented their brand
of silicone sealant. In our discussion he said that it has been used for many
things it was not intended for. He explained that they came up with silicone
sealant as a means to create a seal between two objects that would have
pressure  between them. Since then it has been used for everything from sealing
bathtubs  and windows to automotive applications. The problem with silicone is
that it  doesn't adhere well to some surfaces.
The one part urethane you mentioned is some of the stickiest crap I've ever
used. Once it has cured, it is almost impervious to anything and it will last
a  very long time.

Rummy