[Rhodes22-list] Battteries

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 13 12:17:22 EDT 2007

Bill, You ask why don't cars have 2 6-volt batteries...   Cars have a high
output alternator. The benefits of 6 volt golf cart battery don't apply.
Cars need high output for starting.

If I had a live aboard I would consider using 6 volt batteries. The big
advantage to the golf cart battery is that they hold up much better when
abused. They can be re-charged faster and last longer than 12 volts. That is
why cruisers love them.

Wally