[Rhodes22-list] Battteries

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Fri Apr 13 14:32:01 EDT 2007

Wally,

The benefits of 6 volt golf cart batteries don't apply to sailboats either.

12 Volt batteries can be built to the same specifications, and they are.

Why not just get a 12 volt golf cart battery instead of 2 6s and avoid
all the extra exposed wiring in a marine environment?

Electric Golf carts can't put back the juice they use.  My boat has
never been externally charged--the electricity is self sustaining with
solar and engine.  And I use just as much electricity as I want,
whenever I want.  It's a no-brainer.  As soon as you start really
looking into golf cart batteries you smack your head --

They run $300 each!  Got to have 4 of them to replace $100 worth of 12
volts that will last for 5 years...

now I'm really done with this topic.

bill effros