[Rhodes22-list] Elle, Prize?

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 15 21:53:52 EDT 2007

You got it, Pete.

Full text follows.

Sea Fever

by John Masefield

I must go down to the sea again, to the lonely sea and
the sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her
by;
And the wheel's kick and the wind's song and the white
sail's shaking,
And a grey mist on the sea's face, and a grey dawn
breaking.

I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the
running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be
denied;
All I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the
seagulls crying.

I must go down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy
life,
To the gull's way and the whale's way, where the
wind's like a whetted knife;
And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing
fellow-rover,
And a quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long
trip's over.