[Rhodes22-list] Reply to John Lock on sailing

Hank hnw555 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 08:20:26 EDT 2007

Out in SF Bay, We towed a small runabout who couldn't get his engine started
out from under the golden gate bridge.  If we hadn't been there he probably
would have washed up on one of the pilings within 5-10 minutes.

Then there was the test sail when I bought my Islander 36.  We took it out
into the bay where there wasn't much wind and the batteries were weak and
died.  We couldn't get the engine restarted and ended up getting towed in by
a small sailboat with a 2 cycle OB.  When we bought the boat we promptly
bought 2 new batteries.

Hank