[Rhodes22-list] towing the dark side

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 16 08:51:24 EDT 2007

Jerry,

I also have had the pleasure of towing a stinkpot. A few years ago I posted
pics of a loaded bowrider I towed in. I sailed by a boat and could tell they
were having engine trouble. I came about and sailed back by and asked if
they needed any help.... a cell phone, a radio or a tow? They declined and
said they were calling a friend to come and get them. Well they couldn't get
a hold of anyone by cell phone so I came about again and fulred my sails and
asked again if they wouldn't like a tow....we were about 2 miles from their
home so I rigged a bridle off stern and tossed them a line. I towed the boat
loaded all the way back. We took it easy and putted back in just fine with
my 6 HP merc. I did burn quite a bit of gas coming in. They offered me cash
and I declined and headed back to my marina. They were so thankful. They
hopped in their car and met be at the gas dock and gave me 2 nice bottles of
wine.

Wally