[Rhodes22-list] Squirrels - Help!

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue Apr 17 10:24:08 EDT 2007

Brad,

There are two kinds of squirrels and they both do significant, but  different
types of damage. You daytime red and gray squirrels chew on wood to  wear
down their teeth. It's a natural process and you can discourage them by  applying
paint with a high concentration of "hot pepper sauce" to the new wood  when
you replace it. It worked for me.
The other squirrels are the nocturnal flying squirrels and they are the
really bad ones that nest inside you walls and attics and keep you awake at
night. I've tried several methods to remove or kill them and finally gave up  about
three years ago and made an easy access to our roof for the cats. We have
two cats that now patrol the roof at night and the flying squirrels have either
been eaten or have departed on their own. Multiple layers of screening didn't
 keep them out. Good luck. If you need a squirrel eating cat, I have one you
may  adopt.

Rummy