[Rhodes22-list] Slow day

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 27 23:34:30 EDT 2007

Robert,

The colors on the crocus were  just luminous! Next
year see if you can get a picture of something
blooming in the snow...do send pix of the snowdrops
...and the others as they come up.

Thanks for your kind words on the Orchid Cactus...the
challenge w/ macro is keeping a level plane. Depth of
field is so shallow that a fraction of an inch off
plane or not having the lens on a parallel plane with
the subject renders something out of focus...and the
plant won't always cooperate!

Here's another shot showing the entire blossom...it is
about 8" across and about as deep...a real challenge
to photograph. You can see in this one that the star
shaped part in front is not in focus  but the other
parts are. A $1000 DSLR & an $500 macro lens would do
the trick!

elle

 1992 Rhodes 22   Recyc '06  "Water Music"   (Lady in Red)