[Rhodes22-list] Drunken 'Lady'

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 28 16:12:47 EDT 2007

Dave,

  I would really appreciate that.

  elle

David Bradley <dwbrad at gmail.com> wrote:
  Elle, I have a hardware-store-bought Rubbermaid container that just makes it
under that starboard seat at the stern-end, then slides forward to the front
of the cockpit and won't clear the seat (i.e., won't slide out from under
seat). I'll see what size it is when I go down to the boat next. It holds
a heavy 3/4" anchor line in my boat but could hold bags of sand or whatever
else.

Dave B.

On 4/28/07, Bud wrote:

> Elle,
> I keep three 50lb bags of playground sand under the starboard cockpit
> seat.
> I put them as far forward as possible.
>
> -Bud
>
> elle wrote:
>
> >I hope that got everyone's attention....;^)
> >
> >So here's the question..
> >
> >Water Music lists to port...enough that water will not
> >drain out of the channels along the coaming but
> >collects in the foward port corner.
> >
> >All the weight is concentrated on that side: engine, 6
> >gal fuel tank, one battery. A second battery is just
> >slightly left of center in the space to the left of
> >the head. The only weight to speak of on stbd side is
> >the battery in the lazzarette.
> >
> >Other than finding someone who might be willing to sit
> >in the head while
> >sailing...(50's...smart...sailor...oops...wrong
> >list...;^) ....any ideas of how to balance the weight?
> >Moving any of the items on port to stbd doesn't seem
> >practical....I will be storing some things in the
> >cabinet in the galley...but the weight won't be that
> >much....the water tub is not full...I'll get it up to
> >abt 2/3 this weekend.. that won't have much
> >impact.....
> >
> >Let the ideas flow...thanks
> >
> >elle
> >

> >We can't change the angle of the wind....but we can adjust our sails.
> >
> > 1992 Rhodes 22 Recyc '06 "Water Music" (Lady in Red)

> >http://mail.yahoo.com

David Bradley
+1.206.225.7793
dwbrad at gmail.com

 1992 Rhodes 22   Recyc '06  "Water Music"   (Lady in Red)