[Rhodes22-list] Drunken 'Lady'

Al Miller al_shell at verizon.net
Sat Apr 28 16:29:55 EDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Arthur H. Czerwonky
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2007 12:29 PM
To: The Rhodes 22 mail list
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Drunken 'Lady'

Elle,
Consider this - With the sand carefully distributed on the stbd side, you
can grow some of those exotic plants while you sail.  Then the Rhodes would
double as a greenhouse, er, red house.

<snip>
Hi all,
While a green / red house does seem appealing, I can't help but wonder when
this list to port began.  Does Drunken Lady sit on her lines at the dock?
'Mishka' has a holding tank, macerator, water tank, 8 hp with two 6.5 gal
fuel tanks, one starboard and one port and a spare 'lunch hook' with 200 of
rode/chain on starboard under the seat.  We have 2 house batteries, both
portside.  We have nothing but regular stuff on board.  Could it be that the
mast is not 'square'??  I'm just reaching for a fundamental cause.  :-)  I
have had no, 'read zero' problems in any loading situation with Mishka in 6
years excepting that the fact that she prefers less weight in the bow.  FYI,
our laz' is empty and no stowage is in the bow, except life jackets (:-(.
I would never understand the need to add 150 lbs of sand to Mishka for
ballast.  My 2 cents worth.  Good luck.

Fair Winds,

Al
S/V Mishka