[Rhodes22-list] (no subject)

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Tue Aug 7 19:07:08 EDT 2007

Elle,

Thanks for your input.  The last time we were out I took a quick look  at how
our Bimini is attached to it's frame and I think it's sewed on, getting  it
off might be tough - but I'll look again.  That may be just as well  though,
I'm reluctant to start cutting up a perfectly good Bimini - it's going  to be
amateur hour and I'm not sure I'll like the end result.  If I pursue  this I
should probably find something that's a lot more worn that I won't mind
destroying.

What do you think of the notion of NOT sewing a window into the Bimini and
instead just having 2 rectangular holes, one in front of the mid brace and one
behind, perhaps 2' wide that you could reach through, as well as see through,
or  even stick your head through?  You could have velcroed flaps on top to
cover each hole.  You could lift the flap to either, both, or  none of the
holes as appropriate.  The holes might give you access to  the cleats on the boom,
the in/out-haul lines, and that little gizzy that slides  along the boom?  It
would also save your having to put in a  window(s).

Dave