[Rhodes22-list] Was (no subject) now bimini

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 8 21:57:23 EDT 2007

Lee,
Your theme is a good one.  On a conventional bimini, the 'stretching' pressure toward the stern is applied on either side of the sternmost cross-rib.  Put a sliding jaw on either side of another rib, a rib or two forward, and keep the sternward tension on this rib, keeping the bimini erect, but the last rib or two become adjustable.  The stern rib can then be attached or loose depending on what the helm wants.  This config should work smoothly.  What do you think?
Art