[Rhodes22-list] Caesar's Visit to General Boats

Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Fri Aug 17 13:06:24 EDT 2007

Dear Caesar,
		From my experience sailing on lakes here in the NW and SJ
Islands plus a number of other places I can recommend a few things, others
more knowledgeable (or holding stronger opinions) will suggest some other
things.  I'll make the list short.   When Stan recycles a boat as
"Stan-dard"  he usually ensures a furling Jib, nifty manual outboard motor,
hmmm what does he call it, a lifter?  Also a nice new LPU finish on the
boat. Coast guard package. Probably an upgraded head also, (Of course he
will do, or not do, anything you want to the boat) So, assuming your
recycled boat comes with the above,

Must have:
1.  Inmast furling
2.  Reliable outboard, used is ok, I like the Yamahas, check the archives
for the opinions regarding 2cycle and 4 cycle.
3.  Poptop enclosure and Bimini
4.  Cockpit cushions
5.  Two anchors and line (used is ok) a Danforth and a CQR would be nice (a
plethora of opinions in the archives on this subject)

Nice to have:
1.  Gee, I really like the captain's chairs but others don't
2.  I like having 2 banks of batteries and a 35 to 50 watt solar charger
when I go on long trips but it isn't necessary for lake sailing.
3.  Bulkhead mounted compass,
4.  Stern mounted propane BBQ  (Stan may have a used one)
5.  Opening forward hatch on the cabin top.