[Rhodes22-list] Thanks and where we go from here

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Thu Dec 20 11:22:59 EST 2007

Hi folks,

Thanks for all the support and kind words from the group!  The
changeover will be slow and gradual, so Michael and I get all the
pieces to fit right.  Hopefully things will keep on rolling pretty
much like they have been, but little hiccups are always possible along the way.

FYI - your new home will be in much the same environment as the old
one.  You'll be piggybacking on one of my servers at a
commercial-grade data center in Reston, VA.  There is no direct cost
to me.  It just means that one of my servers will have a little less
capacity available.

As to the www.rhodes22.org website, my wife (Cindy) and I would like
to breathe some new life into that once the dust settles from the
move.  Don't have anything specific in mind just yet, but we will be
soliciting ideas and a wish list from the group during the planning
stages.  Stay tuned for more...

And let me add my thanks to MJM for hosting and support these many
years.  When I read that the group would be losing its Internet home,
I felt compelled to volunteer.   I'm fairly certain this is a case of
"Be careful what you ask for....", but what the hell.  This group is
responsible for getting me hooked on sailing AND acquiring my first
boat.  Payback will be swift and ruthless ;-)

Cheers!

John Lock
R e l e v a n t   A r t s