Pictures Re: [Rhodes22-list] Barge in ice

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Tue Feb 6 16:44:23 EST 2007

Hey elle, thanks for the heads up. We need people to keep us in touch
with the outside world. In any event we took a drive and here she is
just north of Tolchester Beach and south of Pooles Island. While we
were there she fired up the engines and was moving forward and
reverse but not going anywhere.

We had a report from a friend of an icebreaker going north. There was
another barge up around Poole's Island with a tug and one other
vessel (maybe the icebreaker) moving around so maybe a rescue was in progress.

In any event not how I'd like to spend a Tuesday afternoon - marooned
in a bunch of ice on a tug going nowhere.

Mary Lou