[Rhodes22-list] financing for Rhodes 22

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Fri Jan 5 10:10:43 EST 2007

Marc,

I'll try again.

Don't make the mistake of calling it a "used" boat, or getting into that
cycle from which there is no escape.

Instead, call it a "refurbished" boat, purchased new from the
manufacturer with an original "New Boat" warranty.  The factory should
also start calling them "New Refurbished" boats, rather than "Recycled"
or "Used".

Stan is completely rebuilding these boats.  They are not available from
anyone else.  They have a price structure, which Stan maintains.  They
are worth what Stan charges for them.  They can be resold for more than
boats that have not been refurbished.

If no one on the list can come up with a lender who understands this, we
should create one.  This is not hard to do.  The boat is excellent
collateral for a loan.  There are lenders who would be glad to lend
money based on its value.  If no one knows who these lenders are, we
should find one willing to lend anywhere in the country based on Stan's
certification.

Bill Effros