[Rhodes22-list] Katrina Update

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 19:46:59 EST 2007

Dave,

The good news is that the private sector is waking up to reality.  Things
are starting to happen.  Part of the slowness is simply the time it takes
for the planning process to work and part is reality is beginning to set in
with property owners.  Yes, you hit the 'nail on the head', someone in the
government needs to come out and clearly state, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN! Bush is
no conservative and he had no business promising anything to anyone, for any
reason.  I'm willing to bet that I've personally donated more to Katrina
victims than anyone on the list.  That doesn't make me special, it just
means I put my money where my mouth goes.  The private sector will bring the
coast back.  Money talks, bullshit walks!  When you talk about spending
government money, you're really talking about spending others money, not
your own.  Volunteer Baby!

Rummy,

Come to the coast as our guest.  We'll put you up in the Beau Rivage and you
can suck down some rum, look around, and give us your viewpoint.  If you can
make sense out of nonsense I'll supply you with rum for the rest of your
life.  Good luck, Buddy!

Brad