[Rhodes22-list] Mast light and VHF

ben benonvelvetelvis at theskinnyonbenny.com
Thu Jul 5 23:36:53 EDT 2007

A lot of our boats have those cables run nicely.  If someone doesn't
already have pics they can post, I'll take some next time I'm out.

Basically, they run like this:  from the base of the mast, there are
sockets that allow them to connect/disconnect, so that the mast can
still be raised and lowered.  That's important, and it keeps things
looking nice, as the cables plug into a socket rather than disappear
into a hole.

The socket is usually mounted on a little plexiglass plate on the thick
piece of fiberglass just forward of the mast step.  From there, the
cable drops through a miniscule gap between the fore-aft walls.  Its
running down right behand the piece of wood where the mirror is probably
mounted in your head.  At the bottom of the gap, the cables go forward a
bit, and run down low,. past the water tank.  It hugs the side of the
hull and runs behind or under the head, then behind or under the galley
and up to the circuit panel.

I don't think it's too big a job.  It will be easier if you have somoene
with long, skinny, and double jointed fingers.  Good luck!

Ben

Alex Stavisky wrote:
> Question to the experts.  I want to run a line
> for my mast lights and the VHF from the mast to
> the cabin electrical panel area.  Is there a way
> to fish the lines?  Is the cabin deck area
> hollow?
> Thanks Alex

ca