[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Captain Keller about western New York Sailing

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Jun 15 17:52:45 EDT 2007

Bob:

No I have not been talking to your wife.

Last year I had to be in Pittsburg, Pa. on Saturday Morning and could not be
in Vermont before Monday after 6 PM.  So my wife said she wanted to see
Niagra Falls.  So be it.  After the falls we took a drive with some senic
delays to arrive at our appointed hour in Vermont.  That is how I saw Sodus
Light House.  I did not make it to Sacketts Harbour.  I used to know
somebody who sailed a bigger boat there and he always said it was a sailboat
place.

Some years ago, somebody from the list visited the 1,000 Islands.  I cannot
remember who.  But I do remember that he recommended it.

Alternatively, there is Lake Champlain.  Our fellow Rhodie from New
Hampshire who has been deathly quite of late has rented a sailboat in
Burlington.

Maybe one of our new guys from the finger lakes can tell us southern sailors
more.

Or that Rhodie south of Albany, New York.

So the flies and no see ums got your attention?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA