[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Slim (Politics - Government 101)

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Tue Jun 26 21:50:12 EDT 2007

Brad Haslett wrote:
> ...  Cheney's willingness to play hardball with the release of his
> documents is a much needed attempt to restore power to the Executive branch,
> which has yet to recover from Vietnam and Watergate...

Brad, some would say that the executive branch
has already helped itself to more than enough
power -- both before and after Watergate.

And I agree that when we loose the dogs of war,
we do so with complete committment and adequate
resources -- and popular consensus.

Peace is in part not starting something you are
not prepared to finish.

/Robert