[Rhodes22-list] Lazarette Leak Located

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Mon Mar 19 11:33:30 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

After last week's rains I examined the interior of my boat and found
good/bad news.  The good news was - no more water in the bilge!  The
bad news was - half an inch of rain water in the lazarette.

Fortunately, it was easy to trace the source of the leak because it
was still leaking!  It was coming from the cockpit drain
fitting.  Apparently the flange of the cockpit drain wasn't sealing
so good and allowed water to get under and drip down the sides into
the lazarette.

So, I spent some "quality time in the lazarette" removing the drain
plumbing and re-seating the cockpit flange with fresh silicone.  Next
rains will tell for sure, but I think that should do it.

Cheers!

John Lock
?????? - '79 Rhodes 22
Lake Sinclair, GA