[Rhodes22-list] John Belanger

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 20:48:18 EDT 2007

tootle
  the short answer to your question is that until i got my present boat, incidently an old venture 21, i did not know how much boat i could handle. as with the major criteria mentioned over and over, here as well  as other sources, deciding how you will use the boat, where you will keep it, budget concerns, etc, have to be answered. i would probably be doing the same things as john lock now if i could have found the right boat at the time. i got a boat, motor, trailer and outboard in one package for very little, in december and have been fixin' it up since. i do want a rhodes but its just a little further down the road. since getting this boat i've learned a lot and i'm almost ready to get serious about finding a r22. they are somewhat rare down here in texas except on the gulf. david culps and a friend of mines boat are the only two boats i've seen round here. plus, this time of year its hard to go looking for a project boat. can i stay on the list? ;-))

Tootle <ekroposki at charter.net> wrote:

Mr. Belanger:

Are you telling us that for as long as you have been on this forum and all
the Rhodes 22's that have changed Captains, you have something other? Boats
that needed some work have been given away. I guess we can understand that
you just do not want a real boat? From the weather reports of Texas, you
need a good boat just to get around? You need to purchase some destitute
old R 22 and restore to like new. It would be a good endeavor for you.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA