[Rhodes22-list] History - Another Great One Gone West

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 05:35:03 EST 2007

John,

Fred Bock was flying "Bockscar" but it was Charles Sweeney who was actually
in command of the mission.

In more recent news, alJeezera is accusing the US of dropping a nuke on the
Syrian target that Israel took out in September. Er, are they making excuses
for when radioactive contamination is found at the site? That whole raid
hasn't gotten much press and both the IDF and the Syrians aren't saying much
if anything about what happened.  It sure smells like a nuclear facility and
the speculation is that a North Korean warhead had just been delivered a few
days prior.

We survived 50 years of the Cold War because while the Russian leaders may
have been aggressive and brutal, they didn't have a death wish.  I don't
think MAD and other lines of rational thinking apply to this new bunch of
"leaders".

Brad