[Rhodes22-list] I need your advice for reconditioned Rhodes

Paul Krawitz krawitzmail-rhodes22 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 15 14:34:08 EDT 2007

To you experienced Rhodies out there, I ask your recommendations on a few items as I finalize my wish list with Stan Spitzer to replace my circa 1980 Rhodes Continental.

Genoa jib size: Stan prefers the 175% for its overall utility. But our harbor is narrow and can sometimes require lots of tacking. If you've got a 175, do you like it for both heavy and light air? If you chose smaller, what did you choose, and have you been happy with that choice?

Ultimate Power Package: For those of you that have this, has it been relatively maintenance free, or has it been a hassle?

Do any of you have the Macerator Discharge System? What has been your experience?

I'm already getting the 2 swivel seats, solar panels and second battery. Are there any other items in the "Super Options List" that I shouldn't miss?

Thanks.

Paul K