[Rhodes22-list] Finally in the Water

Hank hnw555 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 12:23:13 EDT 2007

In a previous life I worked as an avionics technician for the Army.  We had
one test pilot who always used the call sign "Test Horselips One".  I still
remember coming into one airfield where the exchange with the tower went
something like this.

"La Guardia Tower, Test Horselips one, request permission to land and taxi
to fuel"

"Uhh, Test, uhh, test lips one, cleared as requested"

You could just tell that the tower had no Idea what to say.

btw, this was camp La Guardia in Korea, not the airport in NY.

Hank