[Rhodes22-list] Potty question

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Mon Sep 10 14:37:14 EDT 2007

At 01:12 PM 9/10/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>Most of our sailing will be on area lakes in East Tennessee.  But at
>least once and maybe twice a year we'll be able to do some coastal
>cruising for a week at a time.

Inland lakes often have regulations about what kind of sanitation
device (if any) can be present on boats in their waters.  Depends on
who is in charge.  The feds have different rules than TVA which has
different rules than the state or local governance.  I would do a
quick survey of the lakes you plan to sail to see what their rules
are.  Some may not allow a boat with a holding tank (even if the
discharge is locked).  I specifically looked for a boat with a
porta-pottie because my home lake (Lake Sinclair in GA) is one of
those that does not allow holding tanks.

Cheers!

John Lock