[Rhodes22-list] Anchoring

cjlowe cjlowe at bright.net
Thu Sep 20 19:05:10 EDT 2007

David,
 I use a Rubbermaid container to store my anchor and rode in ,and keep it under the starboard seat. I cut a slot in the middle of the side of the container,and about 4" of the shaft that connects to the rode,sticks out of the container,with the lid snapped on.It fits either sideways or longways under the seat.
If I want to anchor from the bow, I take the container into the cabin and set it by the mast.That way I can do the shroud dance without anything in my hands.
Most of the time,I toss the anchor off the starboard side and let out about 75' of rode then cleat it to the starboard-stern cleat,then power down on it with the outboard.Then I walk the rest of the rode forward,keeping it outside the shrouds,then cleat it on the bow,with about a foot of slack in the rode.Then,any time I want,I can uncleat the rode on the stern cleat  and the boat swings to bow-to all by it's self.

Jerry Lowe