[Rhodes22-list] Jack stand question for Slim

andrew collins engineerpac at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 09:34:15 EDT 2008

Ron

I have bought, but not yet tried, two Brownell motorboat stands that extend
from 29" to 46" based on measuring from the ground to the bottom of the boat
as it sits on the trailer. The height is about the same fore and aft.
The intention is to raise the trailer with a jack one end at a time, put the
2 stands underneath, drop the trailer thus exposing the bottom portion that
normally rests on the bunks, and bottom coating that normally inaccessible
portion. Then move to the other end.
The idea came from Jay Friedman who described it at last year's NY/NJ
Boatshow in Liberty State Park. He said he uses cinder blocks, which I can't
use since the boat is in the town yard, and there is no place to store the
blocks, and they would get pilfered anyway. Cinder blocks are also not a
great method.
What bottom paint are you going to use?

Andrew C
s/v Carmen