[Rhodes22-list] the smell of Port St. Joe ?

Joe Babb joe.babb at comcast.net
Tue Aug 19 07:40:55 EDT 2008

Help me solve a debate.  I had heard on this list that the paper mill in
Port St. Joe closed.  Also I had heard this from
a local friend here in Tennessee who likes to vacation on Cape San
Blas.  But when Sharon and I drove through
Port St. Joe a few weeks ago, there was a horrible odor from what looked
like some sort of chemical plant.
My friend contends that I have lost my mind.  I don't want to drive all
the way back to take pictures and air samples.
Can someone on the list help me out?  What plant is it and what does it
produce that creates such a foul odor?
Thanks
Joe