[Rhodes22-list] Re tiring debt...

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 19:19:17 EST 2008

Ed,

That reminds me of a story - about 20 years ago I converted $40 at the
hotel in Manaus, Brazil into "whatevers". Whatevers came in three
versions, old with zeros stamped on them, newer, and newest.  The
easiest way to remember what was what in whatevers was that the
smallest bills were the most valuable.  After holding a lengthy
discussion on world problems at a sidewalk bar with some Amazonian
woman, I pulled about 3 pounds of money out of my pocket to pay the
tab.  The gal picked a bill or two out of the pile and shoved the
other 2.99 pounds of dough back at me and said, "worthless!"

Oh I hope it doesn't come to that.

Brad