[Rhodes22-list] Religion

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Mon Dec 15 19:12:51 EST 2008

Which isn't a bad thing, if you don't like flies.

Actually, the comparison doesn't really hold. The moral of the story is,
don't offer something to someone pretending it's "free", if you're
expecting something in return. I've given my share of handouts for
causes I believe in, fully realizing that many of them were going in the
trash. I figured it was part of the price to pay. In other words, you
win some, you lose some.

I looked at the Hare Krishna's much the way I looked at junk mail
senders before, and spammers today. I don't want what they're doing
regulated, but I love finding a way to defeat them within the rules.

Did you hear about the "spam king" (Alan Ralsky) who was faced
retaliation by irate recipients? They submitted (as part of a campaign)
his name to thousands of catalog companies, and basically buried his
"real mail" under piles of junk mail. Poetic justice, to say the least.

http://www.spam-site.com/spammer-alan-ralsky.shtml

Robert Skinner wrote:
> Sounds a little like tearing the wings off flies...
>
> /Robert
>
> Herb Parsons wrote:
>
>> Some folks may not believe this, but I was offended, and protested
>> loudly, when Hare Krishna's were banned from DFW Airport. I suspected
>> that you banned one fundraiser, you banned them all.
>>
>> Of course, I also had my own little "counter fundraiser" going on.
>> They'd hand me their book. I'd ask if it was mine to keep (they couldn't
>> sell it or demand a donation, that would require a tax certificate that
>> they didn't want to get), so of course they would say yes. I'd walk away
>> without giving anything, and throw the book away within sight of them.
>>
>> I know, I know, it's not much, but it made me feel better.

Herb Parsons