[Rhodes22-list] Neglecting My Boats (semi-political)

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Wed Feb 6 12:49:20 EST 2008

elle wrote:
> Hey, Lee,
> Where does my Yamaha Enduro fit in?  ;^)
> elle

Probably right beside my Suzuki 118, Triumph T110,
Ariel square four, CanAm 125, and Yamahas - 175,
'76 XT500C, 750 & 920 Viragos, and Venture Royale.

The Venture Royale was a magnificent beast.  I
equipped it with a laptop and DeLorme GPS, and
campaigned up and down the Right coast from
Atlanta to Bangor.  Ultimately, however, she was
bigger than I wanted to ride, and a bit top
heavy, so she was replaced with the Virago 920.

Only the XT500 and the Virago 920 are still with
me.  The Virago is poised on the edge of leaving,
as the starter is not reliable, nor can it ever
be - poor design and no after market fix.

The XT500C is serial number 274, and has been
rock solid as I have camped from Maine to Mexico,
the Left coast, and Canada.  She carries no
passengers, however.  That makes her really
good for light weight long haul touring.  She
will go anywhere, and I can push/carry her out
if I have to.

/Robert