[Rhodes22-list] Jay Friedland, Robert Baldi, and Curtis Leister

Jay Friedland jsail1 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 16 20:53:08 EDT 2008

Jim,
Congratulations. In case there were any doubts about the R22 in our
waters, you can put them to rest. As the NJ ad slogan goes Barnegat
Bay and the Rhodes are "perfect together": constant, steady, not
swirling, medium-high winds, shallow draft, and you can sail where
powerboats fear to tread. If any passengers lose interest, they can
walk home (average depth mid-tide 2-4').

Most slips are spoken for, but try Sunset Marina at 31st Street,
609/361-1400. Rich is the owner (may fold next year with new NJ rules
requiring "public access", etc.), but he is familiar with the Rhodes,
and may have a transient slip. Otherwise, Joe Hagler at 41st St.,
494-4509, or down in Beach Haven is Morrison's (the largest marina),
492-2150.

Check <http://www.jerseymarinas.com/> for other possibilities. If I'm
around, call me for any assistance, or, if not, I can put you in touch
with other owners for help. Get local fishing charts and tide tables
to stay safe. USCG and NJ Marine Police patrol, so have all safety
gear. The Ship Bottom boat ramp at the Causeway is probably the best
place to launch, but don't know about trailer storage. Most marinas
should have extra space for a week.

Call my cell for any other questions, 201/803-5665, as I don't monitor
list as often as I used to.

Regards,
Jay