[Rhodes22-list] Information gathering

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Wed Jul 23 12:59:03 EDT 2008

At 12:10 PM 7/23/2008 -0400, R22RumRunner at aol.com wrote:
>The constitution has a means for amendments, our charter doesn't.

Good point... do we need that mechanism?  Or is the charter just fine
as is and we can wing it from that there?

>Our charter isn't the problem, it's the people that don't abide by
>it and those  that
>are unwilling to enforce it.

Amen to that.  However, attempts at enforcement seem to merely lead
to an escalation of vitriol.  What kind of enforcement do you think
would be more effective?

>I can't and won't be the sole voice of sanity  on da list. Ed, in
>his own way, tries, but when he's off the meds, it doesn't work.

You're taking too much credit for yourself.  I've seen a number of
very sane responses to this discussion.  Disagreement does not equal insanity.

Also note the "huge groundswell" of support my poll idea got
(not).  HA!  That's telling information in itself.

Cheers!

John Lock