[Rhodes22-list] Information gathering and the charter for Rummy

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Wed Jul 23 22:33:05 EDT 2008

John,

Thanks for the compliment!  You would be 100% correct but for three faults.

1 - I'm a mediocre sailor at best.

2 - I can't cook.

3 - Well, there are some secrets that need to remain secret.

Other than that, you're pretty much right.

With love,

Brad

Hi Brad,

   Perhaps you were misnamed at birth. I would suggest the name Horaito from
the writings of C.S. Foster. By your many exploits and triumphs it certainly
seems to fit the bill. I withhold the second part of the name because I do
like you and have no wish to inflame the conversation at this point.

Now for Rummy,

   The last time I pointed out your hypocrisy about the Charter you replied
not to let the door hit me in the ass on my way out. In spite of the much
vaunted "knowledge" contained on this list there is a person in Colorado who
has no picts of a standard boom or poptop car for her vintage boat. Where
would Slim look to find correct lengths or diameters for replacing his
standing rigging? Not here! I've done multiple searches for many topics for
my 71 rhodes and draw nothing but blanks. But not to worry in the future I
will make my own modest attempts to correct this. In the meantime to all
older Rhodes owners I recommend the http/www.rhodes22.org/ site for a source
of info on the actual boat we sail. Unfortunately the main contributer one
R. Philaja  apparently was hounded of the list by such as yourself. One
final thought, I urge you to consider the words of one Vince Lombardi former
coach of the Green Bay Packers. "Any time you think you are indispensable to
a group or organization go put your foot in a bucket of water. The hole you
leave behind when you withdraw your foot is as long as you'll be missed."

Watch out for that door fellah it swings both ways
John Shulick
P.S. for Ed. more Blah Blah Blah only this time in book form