[Rhodes22-list] Greetings from Lake Lanier, GA; Road trip to Lake Sinclair

Kris B. keluther at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 22:30:04 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

Indeed, there is still (some) water in Lake Lanier.  Under the category of
making-lemonade-out-of-lemons there has been a few up sides to low lake
levels: Marinas and clubs have taken advantage of the extra terra firma
(when the lake was down 20 some feet) to repair and lengthen ramps- we can
still launch at our club as a result of a longer ramp. Then there are of
course all the extra beaches and islands that have popped up in unexpected
places, making navigation a little more thrilling than before. And, lastly,
there has been the opportunity to practice a little historical archaeology.
Lost anchors have seen the light of day once again, and now one can blow out
a flip-flop and actually step on a pop top.

John, thanks so much for all the information. I think we'd probably want to
put in at Crooked Creek and the restaurant sounds great for dinner one
night. We'll get in touch with you closer to when we'll be down at Sinclair.
It would be great to meet you.

Art- glad all is well and we'll let you know if we're ever down in St. Pete.
In the meantime, if you're visiting up in Atlanta, just let us know and
we'll take you for a spin on Orion. We're at LLSC, so the boat is pretty
close to where you used to have your Rhodes.

Ed- thanks for the information about neighboring lakes. And, should we make
it to Lake Hartwell, we'll certainly bring a bottle of rum for the esteemed
captain...

Best,

Kris