[Rhodes22-list] Hillary's Recollections - Political

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Tue Mar 25 14:35:11 EDT 2008

I think that entirely too much is being made of Hillary's gaffe about
Bosnia. Folks, she did NOT lie about this. Don't forget, this is one of
the Clinton's, the husband of the famous "It depends upon what the
meaning of the word 'is' is." clarification. The folks nuance their
phrases routinely, so we MUST take her at her word.

I'm sure she "remembers" the events in Bosnia the way she describes
(that IS what she said, she "remembers"). Of course, we cannot ignore
the fact that her memory and reality are very different. I think we
should weigh that in her inability to "recall" her actions when she was
being queried under oath in the Whitewater hearings. This isn't a
dishonest woman, she just has trouble remembering.

And, possibly, some very real breaks with reality.